|Definition||COVID-19 (abbreviation for Corona Virus Disease 2019), formerly 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection, is a potentially severe acute respiratory infection caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.|
|History||There are several key events that have taken place in the 100 days that have passed since the world first became aware of COVID-19. First, the virus appeared in Wuhan, China, where on December 31, 2019, a death from a respiratory disease of unknown origin was reported. On January 3, it became clear that the genome of a new type of coronavirus is 80% similar to the genome of the SARS virus that spread around the world from China in 2002-2003. On January 7, WHO announced that the disease was not SARS, but was caused by a new type of coronavirus.|
|Symptoms||At the initial stage of infection, the signs of COVID-19 coincide with all the signs of a common cold: dry cough, weakness, fever. If the disease is mild, pneumonia does not develop and the entire pathological process is limited to mild symptoms. In severe forms of the disease, the patient’s condition deteriorates rapidly, a very high temperature rises, an unproductive persistent cough appears, and respiratory failure develops.|
|Causes||The causes of COVID-19 and all its forms are mutations, which result in a new type of virus. The source of coronavirus infection is usually a sick person. At the same time, the period of contagiousness is indefinitely long. Some animals (monkeys, birds, snakes, and others) can be the source of the coronavirus. The source of a new type of pathogen (2019-nCov) was presumably bats.|
|Virology||Detailed pathogenesis is not yet clear; however, it is believed that the virus enters the cell by attaching to the receptors of the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. Once infected, the virus spreads through the mucus through the respiratory tract, causing a significant release of cytokines and an immune response in the body.|
|Prevention||The most efficient way to prevent COVID-19 is the full vaccination – a variety of vaccines has already been developed. Additional safety measures include the use of masks, sanitizers, and self-isolation.|
|Diagnostic Method||The diagnosis of COVID-19 can only be confirmed by laboratory diagnostic methods such as virus isolation by RT-PCR and ELISA. Another method is detection of its antigen in the epithelial cells of the nose using enzyme immunoassay and determination of titers of specific antibodies. The material for the study is mucus, sputum, blood, and other body fluids.|
|Treatment||Treatment methods include the prescription of antiviral drugs, specific immunoglobulins, and corticosteroids. With the development of severe complications, the use of antibiotics and artificial lung ventilation is indicated.|
|Duration||With a normal coronavirus infection, a full recovery usually occurs in 5-7 days. If the disease is more severe, recovery may take two or more weeks.|
|Prognosis||The predominant form of infection that the coronavirus provokes is respiratory. The intestinal variety is much less common, mostly in children. ARVI, which occurs under the influence of a virus, usually lasts for several days and ends with a complete recovery. However, in some cases it can take the form of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). This pathology is characterized by a high rate of death (38%), as it is accompanied by acute respiratory failure.|
|Complications||COVID-19 can cause severe complications in the heart, lungs, brain, kidneys, blood vessels, and other vital human systems and organs.|
|Frequency in Population||John Hopkins University reports that there is about 349 millions of discovered cases of COVID-19 in the world since the start of pandemic.|
|Deaths||As of 16th January, over 323 million confirmed cases and over 5.5 million deaths have been reported worldwide, according to WHO|
|Society||The society was severely affected by the pandemic outbreak, as it resulted in mass rapid deaths in the world population. Overall in the world, mass lockdowns occurred, and the countries are still shaken due to the severity of the pandemic.|
📝 COVID-19 Research Papers Examples
- COVID-19: Technology in Health CareThe current on-going COVID-19 crisis shows the critical importance of technology and its availability in combatting the virus.
- The Coronavirus Infection: Impact on Global WorldThe appearance of such a threat as the coronavirus infection is an international affair and, therefore, would have a significant impact on the social life of people all over the world.
- COVID-19 Precautions within Clinical SettingsIn the present situation of the global pandemic of COVID-19, it is imperative to increase the quality and the safety of patient precaution measures in clinical settings.
- Impact of the Global COVID-19 PandemicHumanity is amid the global COVID-19 pandemic. It affects every level of human activity. Schools and universities resumed their work after the transition to online learning.
- COVID-19 Spread Prevention: Literature ReviewThis review aims to investigate the current state of scientific knowledge about COVID-19 prevention and identify prospects for further research.
- Coronavirus and Miami-Dade Nursing HomesThis paper focuses on the article “In Miami, Coronavirus Worries Turn to Senior Centers and What to Do If They Close" which was published on March 2, 2020.
- H.R. 6201: Families First Coronavirus Response ActCOVID 19 has hit the global community. America has responded by enacting. This Bill was enacted on March 6th, 2020. It has improved COVID 19 service delivery.
- Preventing Infection and Transmission of COVID-19 in the PopulationTo address the problem of rapid transmission of COVID, the US government created public health and safety measures, which have been implemented in many states across the country.
- Social Media Prevention of COVID-19COVID-19 has proven to be not only a healthcare challenge for the global community but also a disease provoking a plethora of conspiracies and false claims.
- SNAP Benefits Prevent Hunger During the COVID-19 PandemicThis paper aims to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the program implementation and consider how it can help people to improve their nutrition.
- How COVID-19 Has Changed Various Aspects of Social LifeThe purpose of the following paper is to examine how COVID-19 managed to change various aspects of social life, including politics, healthcare, and individual habits.
- COVID-19: Wellbeing of Healthcare ProvidersIt is vital that our healthcare providers and frontline workers feel as safe and supported as possible during the time of COVID-19.
- Managing the COVID-19 SituationThe research provides the foundation for achievements evaluation and further planning of NiEMA’s efforts aimed to manage the COVID-19 situation.
- "Allergies or COVID-19?" Study by C. SomosDr. Jason Lee said it is essential to monitor allergy symptoms to know the difference between whether a person is infected with the COVID-19 or has an allergy.
- Teleworking During COVID-19Organizations have been recognized as key players in any given outbreak management. It is justified by their role in minimizing the health effects of outbreaks such as COVID-19.
- The Covid-19 Related Technology of Contact TracingThe technology presented in the article is the "National Health Service Contact-Tracing App", which is being used for contact tracing among people living in the UK.
- Analysis of COVID-19 Health IssuesThe paper analyzes disproportional mortality and morbidity from COVID-19 among Black people are determined by such factors as social status, employment, age, and health services.
- COVID-19: Group Field ExperienceNursing understudies can be ready for unforeseen circumstances, for example, saving patients or taking care of contentions in cooperation by participating in reenactment games.
- Suicide Risks in Adolescents and Impact of COVID-19 on the ElderlyIn mental health research, suicide and risk management protocols focus on guaranteeing patient well-being and response to anticipated and unexpected situations.
- Nurse Understaffing During COVID-19 PandemicThe world lacks nearly 6 million nurses to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. The WHO has published a report on an acute shortage of medical personnel around the world.
- COVID-19 Effects on Adolescents’ Isolation and Suicide RatesThis research seeks to explore the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on adolescents’ isolation and suicide rates and provide an annotated bibliography on the topic.
- Prioritization of the Covid-19 VaccinationThe paper discusses that protecting the health and social care workers protects all the individuals in the hospitals and the society and the importance of COVID-19 vaccination.
- The Immune Response to COVID-19 VaccinationIt has been suggested that in individuals who had immunity to COVID-19 after getting the virus, the immune response would be more robust from only the first dose.
- Mental Health During COVID-19 PandemicThe coronavirus epidemic is driving the spread of the risk of COVID-19-related psychiatric illnesses, making the problem necessary to address.
- COVID-19 Patients, Self-Medication, and Nursing Students’ SocializationThis paper summarizes the articles about the psychological experience of caregivers of COVID-19 patients, factors that affect self-medication, and nursing students' socialization.
- Race and Survival Link Among COVID-19 PatientsSevere acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 has become a cause of numerous deaths worldwide. To minimize the risk, cases and outcomes are thoroughly analyzed.
- Using Various Types of COVID-19 VaccinesThe paper describes the articles that concluded that there are severe side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination on people of different ages and gender.
- Institutional Mistrust in Achieving COVID-19 Herd ImmunityThis paper aims to study the issue of institutional mistrust, fake News, conspiracies, and the value of respect in achieving COVID-19 herd immunity.
- Vaccination in the Era of COVID-19The paper states that vaccination is a choice that everyone is free to make. The current development of medical science allows us to make decisions.
- Facemasks During the Coronavirus PandemicThe pandemic of a new type of coronavirus, COVID-19, announced by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, has a profound impact on all aspects of life.
- COVID-19: Vaccines EffectivenessOne measure taken to combat COVID-19 is population vaccination, designed to increase immunity and reduce the impact of the virus.
- Nurse Staffing Level in Relation to COVID-19 Patients’ ConditionThe paper aims to answer the question: “In urgent patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, how adequate nurse staffing level can improve patient safety within six months”?
- COVID-19 Influence on Chinese Nurses' Psychological State"Frontline burnouts, depression, fear and anxiety status of nurses and their associated factors" research aimed at assessing the level of mental health among nurses in China.
- Legal Covid-19 Healthcare Issues in Higher EducationWith the emergence of the coronavirus threat, significant adjustments have been made to every industry and field, including the education.
- Kidney Diseases in the Time of COVID-19This paper discusses kidney diseases, what risk factors lead to renal diseases, etiology, clinical manifestations, and treatment of acute kidney failure and chronic renal failure.
- Ethical Issues in Healthcare During COVID-19COVID-19 left a strong impact on ethical issues related to informed consent and physician-patient relationships.
- Handwashing During Covid-19 EpidemicCurrently, the need for hand washing is dictated by the developing COVID-19 epidemic. In this regard, it is necessary to carry out several changes in healthcare institutions.
- The Socioeconomic Determinants of Health From the Perspective of COVID-19 Pandemic"The pandemic showed why social and structural determinants of health matter" discusses the socioeconomic determinants of health from the perspective of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Its Impact on HealthcareBased on the studies and recent data, the COVID-19 pandemic had significant political and legal implications and an impact on nursing and healthcare in general.
- The COVID-19 Psychology and Mental Health ImplicationsThe COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected many spheres of human life, including friendship, employment, and health state.
🏆 Best COVID-19 Essay Titles
- Combating the Pandemic COVID-19: Clinical Trials, Therapies, and Perspectives
- COVID-19 and Pediatric Lung Disease: A South African Tertiary Center Experience
- Impact of Pandemic on People’s Life
The COVID-19 pandemic has had significant impacts on the author’s life since he has changed his daily routine and learned many lessons about the immediate circle of people.
- Pregnancy, Birthing, and Postpartum Experiences During COVID-19 in the United States
- COVID-19-Related Fear and Health-related Safety Behavior in Oncological Patients
- The COVID-19 Influence on Media
This paper will look at the major changes in media during a pandemic, ways of their adaptation, and transformation to examine their role in a social context.
- Cognitive and Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of COVID-19 and Effects on Elderly Individuals With Dementia
- Gaussian Doubling Times and Reproduction Factors of the COVID-19 Pandemic Disease
- Measuring the Level of Alertness in Pilots During the COVID-19
For this paper, the level of alertness in pilots is measured with the same scales used by the BAM to perform quantitative analysis using SPSS version 28.
- Severe COVID-19 Illness: Risk Factors and Its Burden on Critical Care Resources
- Promoting and Protecting Human Milk and Breastfeeding in a COVID-19 World
- Fake News: False Information About Covid-19
Fake news is a serious threat because it damages the health and lives of its audience, threatens essential tools of democracy, undermines the credibility of media institutions.
- Modeling Growth, Containment, and Decay of the COVID-19 Epidemic in Italy
- Blood Glucose Control Strategy for Type 2 Diabetes Patients With COVID-19
- Criminal Justice System in Relation to COVID-19
This paper looks at the three main components of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, court, and prisons, and their relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Attitude, Perception, and Knowledge of COVID-19 Among General Public in Pakistan
- Education, Training, and Practices of Neurorehabilitation in India During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Impact of COVID-19 on Federalism
The COVID-19 pandemic is an event that caused a significant disruption in the governance system, the situation affected the entire nation.
- Artificial Intelligence for COVID-19 Drug Discovery and Vaccine Development
- Increased Plasma Heparanase Activity in COVID-19 Patients
- The National Problem of COVID-19
Today, the problem of coronavirus is more urgent than ever and brings the maximum possible amount of harm, which affects national security.
- Caring for All Patients During the COVID-19 Crisis: An American and Italian Experience
- Clinical Presentation and Outcomes in Older COVID-19 Patients
- Public Policy Meeting on COVID-19 and Children
This paper will summarize the public policy meeting video to identify recent changes in the COVID-19 situation, with particular attention to children under 12.
- Older Persons With Cancer in Italy in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Anti-sars-Cov Natural Products With the Potential to Inhibit Sars-Cov-2 (COVID-19)
- Impact of COVID-19 on Indian Foreign Policy
For India, the pandemic is a reason to introduce more lenient foreign trade policies but also an opportunity to exercise soft power abroad and reinforce its role in the region.
- Epidemiological Model With Anomalous Kinetics: Early Stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Prospects for RNAi Therapy of COVID-19
- Distance Learning During Covid-19
The study redefines the idea of distance learning and explores higher education distance learning supply in Canada, the US, and France using COVID-19 secondary data.
- Anxiety and Sleep Problems of College Students During the Outbreak of COVID-19
🎓 Simple Research Topics about COVID-19
- Kerala, India’s Front Runner in Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- K-12 Education Change in Educating Young People During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This paper is an annotated bibliography of the articles devoted to the K-12 education change in light of the experience of educating young people during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Clinical and Epidemiological Characteristics of COVID-19 Patients in Chongqing China
- Global and Temporal COVID-19 Risk Evaluation
- COVID-19 Impact on Student Academic Performance
The onset of COVID-19 impacted many sectors including education. Strict governmental regulations necessitate the adoption of virtual meetings.
- Anxiety and Depression Symptoms in COVID-19 Isolated Patients and Their Relatives
- Mechanisms Underlying Potential Therapeutic Approaches for COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Education
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on campus life, both in terms of learning and life in general.
- Biological Context Linking Hypertension and Higher Risk for COVID-19 Severity
- Mechanisms Underlying Potential Therapeutic Approaches for COVID-19
- Analysis of COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
The government should introduce vaccine mandates to create protection for those who are ineligible because this virus damaged the economy and killed millions of people.
- Exponential Damping: The Key to Successful Containment of COVID-19
- Protecting Healthcare Workers Amid the COVID-19 Crisis: A Safety Protocol in Wuhan
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Social Well-Being
This paper aims to discuss the relationship between the COVID-19 pandemic and the social well-being of people.
- Potential Fast COVID-19 Containment With Trehalose
- Addressing COVID-19 Communication and Management by a Systems Thinking Approach
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the American Economy
COVID-19 has impacted the American economy by increasing the level of unemployment, reducing industrial performance, and declining the financial flow.
- Aspirin Bioactivity for Prevention of Cardiovascular Injury in COVID-19
- Thromboinflammation and COVID-19: The Role of Exercise in the Prevention and Treatment
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Student Mental Health
Limiting the students’ access to live communication contributes to stress, depression, feelings of loneliness, and other mental health issues.
- Early Detection and Assessment of COVID-19
- COVID-19 and Cerebrovascular Diseases: A Systematic Review and Perspectives for Stroke Management
- COVID-19-Related Unemployment Rates and Trends
COVID-19 has a significant impact on all countries’ macroeconomic situations, and one of the areas, which can be used for examining the trends in this field is unemployment.
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of the Lebanese Community Toward COVID-19
- Immune and Metabolic Signatures of COVID-19 Revealed by Transcriptomics Data Reuse
- Life Style of People Before COVID-19 Pandemic vs. Lifestyle of People During Pandemic
COVID-19 has significantly affected the whole world and changed many people’s physical and mental states. Life before the pandemic was different from those people have today.
- Hla, Immune Response, and Susceptibility to COVID-19
- Perspectives, Knowledge, and Fears of Cancer Patients About COVID-19
- Retraining Personnel: Digitalization and COVID-19
Digitalization and a more recent occurrence of COVID-19 have significantly changed the approach to HR management and retraining personnel.
❓ COVID-19 Research Questions
- How the Italian NHS Is Fighting Against the COVID-19 Emergency
- What Is the Association Between the ABO Blood Type System and Susceptibility to COVID-19 in Wuhan?
- How Patients With Chronic Liver Diseases Succeed to Deal With COVID-19?
- Coronavirus and Obesity: Could Insulin Resistance Mediate the Severity of COVID-19 Infection?
- Pausing the Fight Against Malaria to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic in Africa: Is the Future of Malaria Bleak?
- Paracetamol-induced Glutathione Consumption: Is There a Link With Severe COVID-19 Illness?
- Could Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Render Natural Immunity to Re-infections?
- COVID-19 and the Elderly: Who Cares?
- What Is the Link Between COVID-19 Infection and Liver Damage?
- What Is the Effect of COVID-19 Infection on Pregnancy?
- What Is the Prediction of COVID-19 Peaks Worldwide?
- Aging, Immunity, and COVID-19: How Age Influences the Host Immune Response to Coronavirus Infections?
- Could Sars-Cov-2-Induced Hyperinflammation Magnify the Severity of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- Battling COVID-19 Pandemic: Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Analogs as an Adjunctive Therapy?
- What Are the Potential Effects of Naringenin on COVID-19?
- What Are the Possible Mechanisms of Anosmia and Dysgeusia Caused by COVID-19?
- Could Insulin Resistance Mediate the Severity of COVID-19 Infection?
- Are Lockdown Measures Effective Against COVID-19?
- What Are the Pulmonary and Extrapulmonary Clinical Manifestations of COVID-19?
- What Is the Relationship Between Diabetes and COVID-19?
- Does the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Call For a New Model of Older People Care?
- Does COVID-19 Spread Through Droplets Alone?
- Are Patients With Autoimmune Cytopenias at Higher Risk of COVID-19 Pneumonia?
- Does Temperature Affect COVID-19 Transmission?
- Does Lithium Deserve a Place in the Treatment Against COVID-19?
- Does Early Childhood Vaccination Protect Against COVID-19?
- Are Pandemics Gender Neutral? Women’s Health and COVID-19
- Is Interferon-2B Treatment Effective for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 and Mental Health What Do We Know So Far?
- Are People Experiencing the Pains of Imprisonment During the COVID-19 Lockdown?