- Physician Assisted Suicide
The issues of the practice of Physician Assisted Suicide are contentious for most people. This paper is an argument against the use of PAS as a tool of ending human suffering.
- Medical Ethics: End of Life Issue - the Right to Die
The paper elaborates on different types of euthanasia. At the same time, the paper reveals the differences between them. The paper further tackles the ethical issues raised by each type.
- Death with Dignity Act: Physician-Assisted Suicide
The paper enumerates the fundamental aspects regarding the Death with Dignity Act (DDA) as well as the Physician-Assisted Suicide (PAS).
- Death with Dignity Act in Oregon
The Death with Dignity Act (DDA) sets up the procedures and safeguards related to the application and administering of the prescription medications.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
There are critical ethical, legal, religious, and political concerns that bedevil the controversial practice of euthanasia/PAS.
- Physician-Assisted Suicide: Ethical Dilemma and Stakeholders
Is it morally or ethically wrong to institute PAS? This is the first ethical dilemma. If the State will pass a law legalizing PAS, what will be the safeguards?
- Euthanasia Debates, Death and Dying
The issue of voluntary euthanasia elicits heated debates. The contention is usually based on religious views concerning whether individuals can decide the fate of life.
- Euthanasia from the Utilitarian Perspective
Euthanasia offers an escape for the patient in chronic and unmanageable pain. From a utilitarian perspective, healthcare should endorse euthanasia.
- Euthanasia in Non-Terminally Ill Patients
This paper reviews history and social context of euthanasia in non-terminally ill patients, its moral relevance, and arguments surrounding this evidence-based medical practice.
- Physician-Assisted Suicide as Liberation from Suffering
Physician-Assisted Suicide, the death of a patient as a result of being aided to undertake a life-ending act by a physician, is a contentious issue of importance in society.
- Medical and Religious Ethics in Death and Dying
The paper is devoted to the investigation of a particular ethical dilemma presented in a patient’s case study and religious perspectives on it.
- Why Euthanasia Should Be Legalized and Regulated
The essay discusses the reasons why euthanasia should be legalized all over the world but most importantly it should also be a carefully regulated aspect.
- Feeding Tubes: Techniques, Problems and Solutions
The problem of maintaining the life of severely ill patients has been a highly controversial topic for a long time. Many clinicians emphasize the drawbacks of inserting feeding tubes.
- Assisted Suicide Controversy in Medical Ethics
Assisted suicide is one of the most controversial topics in the field of health care. There are valid arguments presented on both sides of the discussion.
- Significance of Euthanasia in Society
Euthanasia is an issue that has stirred a lot of controversy in many countries and at international forums as to whether it should be legalized or illegalized.
- Research of the Euthanasia
An Euthanasia doen't harm society and even underlines the humane qualities of people, who are able to differentiate right from wrong and offer help to others in their time of need.
- Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide: Interesting Facts
The generic definition of euthanasia states that it is an omission or an action that, by intension or itself, causes death alleviating suffering.
- Euthanasia as an Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
The purpose of this paper is to discuss various aspects of the ethical dilemma of euthanasia and its relation to technology.
- Voluntary Euthanasia: Arguments for and Against
The purpose of this article is to briefly consider the problem of euthanasia from the point of view of supporters and opponents of this practice.
- Nurses Intention and Motivation to Practice Euthanasia
The research aims at investigating the determinants of nurses "intentions and motivations to practice euthanasia".
- Euthanasia. Effectiveness or Necessity
Euthanasia remains the controversial topic as far as there is no direct answer concerning its effectiveness or necessity.
- Euthanasia: Discussion and Ethical Position
Euthanasia still remains a controversial topic because of the patient’s inalienable right to life, and the ethical responsibilities of the healthcare worker.
- Case Study: An Ethics of Euthanasia
Euthanasia is illegal in most of the world countries for a good reason. Statistics show, that developments in countries with legalized euthanasia are quite disturbing.
- Euthanasia-Related Ethical and Legal Issues
The ethical issues associated with euthanasia are related to the dilemma of whether it is appropriate and up to a human being to decide to end a life of a person who suffers.
- Legal, Ethical and Moral Issues Facing Nurses in Cases of Patient-Requested Suicide
Suicide, whether assisted or unassisted, is a common issue affecting practitioners in nursing, clinical and biomedical fields. Legal, moral, and ethical decision is required.
- Professional Values, Ethics, and Law
Small mistakes by healthcare practitioners may lead to loss of life. In addition, errors in their activities may lead to the development of life-threatening conditions.
- Euthanasia Should Be Illegal Because of Its Harm
The goal of healthcare providers is to help patients improve their well-being and promote health, and euthanasia distorts these values.
- Pros and Cons of Physically-Assisted Suicide
The paper discusses that even though physician-assisted suicide contradicts ethics, the evidence shows the prevalence of towards the practice among terminally ill patients.
- Euthanasia & Physician-Assisted Suicide (PAS)
This paper discusses euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide, whether it is ethical, and analyzes alternatives to PAS – hospice and palliative care.
- Physician-Assisted Suicide is a Basic Right
Physician-assisted suicide has been a subject of numerous debates for as long as it has been available. PAS is legal in Colorado and some other states in the US.
- Euthanasia & Physician Assisted Suicide
The medical definition of euthanasia states that it is the practice or method of performing specific actions by a doctor at a patient's request.
- Euthanasia and Arguments in Favor
Despite the advantages of practicing assisted suicide in critical situations, some countries or people are against it, terming it unethical conduct which violates human rights.
- The Problem of Euthanasia
The problem of euthanasia lies at the intersection of a huge complex of disciplines and the full discussion of it requires the participation of specialists.
- Euthanasia & Physician Assisted Suicide (PAS)
The problem of euthanasia goes beyond the scope of purely medical issues since it confronts moral, socio-economic, philosophical, legal, and political aspects.