|Definition||Euthanasia is a procedure for the voluntary termination of a person’s life at their own request.|
|History||For the first time the concept of euthanasia in a medical context was used by the scientist Francis Bacon at the end of the 16th century. He declared that the doctor should not only heal the patient, but also relieve the torment caused by ailments for which there is no cure. In 2002, the Dutch parliament approved a list of conditions in which a doctor can act as an assistant to the voluntary death of a patient by a lethal injection or pill.|
|Motivation/Factors||Usually, there are indications for the procedure in the form of an incurable disease or unbearable suffering. A person does not want to prolong their pain anymore, as there are no possibility of remission, and requests for an easy and peaceful death.|
|Methods||With active euthanasia, lethal injection is performed directly at the request of the person, and the doctor must obtain permission from relatives or the patient himself. In passive euthanasia, life-sustaining treatment is not started or the patient refuses the previously planned course of treatment.|
|Society||The procedure for voluntary termination of life is not accepted in all countries. There are individual rules for euthanasia, as well as types and indications.|
📝 Euthanasia Research Papers Examples
- Euthanasia and Assisted SuicideThere are critical ethical, legal, religious, and political concerns that bedevil the controversial practice of euthanasia/PAS.
- Euthanasia Debates, Death and DyingThe issue of voluntary euthanasia elicits heated debates. The contention is usually based on religious views concerning whether individuals can decide the fate of life.
- Euthanasia from the Utilitarian PerspectiveEuthanasia offers an escape for the patient in chronic and unmanageable pain. From a utilitarian perspective, healthcare should endorse euthanasia.
- Euthanasia in Non-Terminally Ill PatientsThis paper reviews history and social context of euthanasia in non-terminally ill patients, its moral relevance, and arguments surrounding this evidence-based medical practice.
- Why Euthanasia Should Be Legalized and RegulatedThe essay discusses the reasons why euthanasia should be legalized all over the world but most importantly it should also be a carefully regulated aspect.
- Significance of Euthanasia in SocietyEuthanasia is an issue that has stirred a lot of controversy in many countries and at international forums as to whether it should be legalized or illegalized.
- Research of the EuthanasiaAn Euthanasia doen't harm society and even underlines the humane qualities of people, who are able to differentiate right from wrong and offer help to others in their time of need.
- Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide: Interesting FactsThe generic definition of euthanasia states that it is an omission or an action that, by intension or itself, causes death alleviating suffering.
- Euthanasia as an Ethical Dilemma in NursingThe purpose of this paper is to discuss various aspects of the ethical dilemma of euthanasia and its relation to technology.
🏆 Best Euthanasia Essay Titles
- The Problems With Medical Research and Euthanasia
- Active and Passive Euthanasia Is Not a Morally Relevant Problem
- Analysing Biopower and Agency Linked to Euthanasia Philosophy
- Top Ten Reasons for Legalizing Euthanasia
- Legalizing Euthanasia for Terminally Ill Patients Is Necessary
- Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia – It Is Not Murder, It Is Mercy
- Euthanasia as Physician-Assisted Suicide
Among patients there are people who do not recognize euthanasia. Nevertheless, we must recognize that the interruption of life is contrary to the basic tenets of Christianity.
- Circumstances That Justify the Use of Physician-assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
- Arguments for Legalizing Euthanasia
- Philosophy & Arguments Against Euthanasia
- The Argument for the Legalization of Euthanasia in British Columbia
- Critical Thinkings About Euthanasia as an Ethical Alternative to a Life of Suffering
- Vincent Humbert and Euthanasia in France
- Dying With Better Dignity: From Euthanasia To Advanced Dying Culture
- Hinduism and Buddhist Perspective of Suicide and Euthanasia
- Australian Governments’ and Catholic Church’s Attitudes on the Practice of Euthanasia
- Utilitarian and Libertarian Views on Euthanasia
- Death With Dignity Act: Ethical Dilemma Regarding Euthanasia
- The Nazi Euthanasia Programme Based on Racial Purity Theories
- Assisted Suicide: Euthanasia and Self-Determination
Although assisted suicide is legal in certain parts of the world, in most places, the debate about whether it should be legal continues.
- Arguments Against Legalized Euthanasia
- About Should Euthanasia Be Permitted in Cases of Terminally Ill Patients
- Euthanasia and the Current Legal Position of Euthanasia
- Euthanasia and the Hippocratic Oath
- Nonvoluntary Euthanasia Means Causing Death in Violation of the Patient’s Consent
- Facts About Euthanasia and the Oregon Death With Dignity Act
- Customize Your Death: Why Some Forms of Euthanasia May Be Ethically Justified
- United States Legal System and Euthanasia Cases
- Demystifying Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
- Euthanasia and the Case of Comatose Elderly Patients
- Critically Consider the Ethical and Legal Arguments for and Against Euthanasia
- America Needs Voluntary Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
- Euthanasia: Comparing Kantian and Utilitarian Ideas
- Ethical Issues Surrounding the Choice of Euthanasia in the United States
- Euthanasia, Physician-assisted Suicide, and Our Aged and Frail Population
- Understanding Euthanasia and the Controversy Surrounding It in the US
❓ Euthanasia Research Questions
- Can Hegelian Dialectics Justify Euthanasia?
- Why Should Active Euthanasia and Physician-assisted Suicide Be Legalized?
- What Is the Attitude Towards Euthanasia in the Netherlands?
- Why Are Euthanasia and Abortion So Often Compared?
- Should a Physician Discourage Voluntary Euthanasia?
- How Active Euthanasia Works?
- Are Physician-assisted Suicide and Euthanasia Ethical?
- How Has Euthanasia Changed in the 21st Century?
- What Are the Main Objections to the Legalization of Euthanasia in Hong Kong?
- How Does Brian Clark Use Theatre to Dramatise the Euthanasia Debate?
- What Are the Bioethical Problems of Euthanasia in Modern Conditions?
- What’s Wrong With Involuntary Euthanasia?
- Why Does Euthanasia Open the Door for Legalized Killing?
- Euthanasia: When the Pain of Dying Exceeds the Pleasure of Living?
- What Does Euthanasia Mean to Society Today?
- In Which Countries Is Euthanasia Legalized?
- How May the Religious Faith Inform the Issue Over Euthanasia?
- Does Euthanasia Answer the Prayers of the Dying?
- How Does Parenting Make Euthanasia More Acceptable?
- Euthanasia: Why Do People Want To Die Earlier?
- Euthanasia: Should Doctors Intervene at the End of Life?
- Why Euthanasia Devalues Human Life?
- What Is the History of the Emergence of Euthanasia?
- What Are the Three Main Reasons Why Euthanasia Should Be Legalized?
- Voluntary Euthanasia: What’s Right and Wrong?
- What Medications Are Used in Euthanasia?
- What Are the Main Drugs That Are Used for Euthanasia?
- Is Euthanasia a Humane and Dignified Solution?
- Can Euthanasia Help the Terminally Ill?
- What Is the Law in Oregon Regarding Euthanasia?