Symptoms of Depression
- A bleak and depressed state.
- Inability to make a decision.
- Loss of interest in life and goals.
- A lasting sense of physical fatigue.
- Overeating or a significant decrease in appetite (Henneghan & Harrison, 2015).
- Drowsiness or insomnia, constant irritability.
Treatment of Depression with Complementary Therapies
- Developing a habit of keeping the back straight.
- Increasing the amount of magnesium.
- The use of natural sweets.
- The rejection of harmful products.
- Regular exercises and practicing any sport.
- Contact with friends and close people.
Treatment of Depression with Herbs
- Teas and broths for cheerfulness.
- Invigorating and tonic drinks for energy.
- Effects on the nervous system.
- The return of joy and goals.
- Environmentally friendly treatment with various herbs.
- The ability to personally collect plants.
Different Herbs for Different Purposes
- The broth of chamomile and mint removes tension (Izzo, Hoon-Kim, Radhakrishnan, & Williamson, 2016).
- The broth of grain with honey gives glucose.
- A valerian broth normalizes the heartbeat.
- The broth of St. John’s wort removes gastric spasms.
- The broth of dog-rose improves blood (Henneghan & Harrison, 2015).
- The plantain stalk heals wounds.
Exercises for Depression
- A purposeful smile even in a bad mood.
- A full relaxation of all the muscles.
- Rubbing the extremities to improve the blood flow
- Raising arms to the sides.
- Singing favorite songs that can exhilarate.
- Meditations and unhurried thinking over problems.
Reasons for Use
- Improvement of mood and general well-being.
- Good appetite and sound sleep.
- Complete safety and absence of chemical impurities.
- Availability and a rather low cost.
- The opportunity to treat on one’s own.
- Additional positive effects on the body.
Henneghan, A. M., & Harrison, T. (2015). Complementary and alternative medicine therapies as symptom management strategies for the late effects of breast cancer treatment. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 33(1), 84-97.We will write a custom Herbal and Complementary Therapies for Depression specifically for you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page 308 certified writers online Learn More
Izzo, A. A., Hoon-Kim, S., Radhakrishnan, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2016). A critical approach to evaluating clinical efficacy, adverse events and drug interactions of herbal remedies. Phytotherapy Research, 30(5), 691-700.