According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death among all other diseases. (Asri et al., 2020) This is a problem not only for older people; for example, myocardial infarction is often found among young people. That is why heart diseases are in the zone of special attention, and not only doctors and scientists, but also the patients themselves, must treat this problem with special attention.
Patients who are concerned about the health of their cardiovascular system are both men and women over forty. The main factors that cause anxiety in patients and increase the likelihood of the disease are high blood pressure, smoking, and high cholesterol in the blood. Patients who want to maintain heart health have cases of the disease in their family, since hereditary factors are also involved in developing cardiovascular diseases.
The field of activities of a nurse in cardiology is becoming broader and more multifaceted, so the need for training is also increasing. A nurse in current conditions should know about patient care, complex medical and technical knowledge. It is necessary to interact both with a healthy person, who is carrying out the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, and with a patient with heart disease. To ensure proper nursing care for him, continuous medical education of a nurse is necessary.
Teaching Areas to Improve Patient Outcomes
- For every patient with heart related diseases to benefit and improve their health, they need to understand how to live according to the Regine that was prescribed by the doctor. As an educating nurse, your patients should get this knowledge. That is by explaining and showing them how the daily regimen should be followed.
- Heart disease patients are at risk of having attacks. This is due to the rising of blood pressure and uncontrolled emotions. Therefore, every patient under your responsibility needs to understand how to use the mHealthHeart app to monitor their daily blood pressure and also their heart pulse. (“Patient management service,” 2021) Also, it is important to teach them how to observe their daily routine from the app and take their medications on time. The app has psychological tools that will help them manage their emotions.
- The mHealthHeart app provides a reminder setting that allows the users to get their health activities on time. Thus, we are acknowledged to let them understand how to set their specific time. This teaching will reduce collisions between activities and give them time to take their medications.
Success Evaluation of the mHealth App
- Probably, the application usage will be a success following how efficiently the patients use it, and also, with the help of nurses, most cardiovascular patients will improve their heart health.
- The app is approximated to be 95% accurate on every action that a patient takes. In this case, it is a success in solving heart problems and helping each stakeholder in the medical sector.
- Keeping a heart healthy lifestyle is a key factor in our lives. Therefore, giving a rationale for other mobile apps that are expected to help patients with cardiovascular diseases, the mHealthHeart app would be rated top for its success. Examples of similar heart apps are; Instant Heart rate, pulse point respond and cardio, among others.
Asri, A. K., Yu, C., Pan, W., Guo, Y. L., Su, H., Lung, S. C., Wu, C., & Spengler, J. D. (2020). Global greenness in relation to reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases: Ischemic heart disease and stroke. Environmental Research Letters, 15(12), 124003. Web.
Eyeslave. (2021). Google Play – mHealth: Patient management service. Google Play. Web.