The objectives, goals and indicators of the Healthy People 2020 Initiative
The Healthy People 2020 Initiative establishes the national purposes and watches the progress of the population health level. This initiative is aimed at the creation of a basis for large-scale strategy which helps promoting of a healthy way of life and strengthening of health of population. Education of population as well as increase of awareness level are among the priorities of the Healthy People 2020 Initiative.
There are three main goals of the Healthy People 2020 Initiative:
- Improvement of health (creation of healthy communities);
- Improvement of health-care system (effective, safe and patient-oriented care);
- Decrease of prices (available insurance, equality of health-care for all layers of population). (Healthy People 2020)
HIV/AIDS in Miami, Fl 33177
The HIV/AIDS epidemic in the USA as a whole has turned a percent of a child’s survival rates, an average life expectancy and economic development into an opposite direction. The death rate indicators are especially high among children and youth in Miami, Fl. The process of increase of knowledge proceeded slowly, despite the efforts applied in the sphere of education and work of non-governmental organizations in Miami, Fl.
Another cause of the active spread of HIV/AIDS on the territory of Miami, Fl is a wide use of drugs. Treatment and abuse prevention of the psychoactive agents remain important components of the HIV prevention strategy.
Action Plan in struggle against HIV/AIDS in Miami, Fl
- Reduce new HIV/AIDS diagnoses among the population of Miami, Fl;
- Reduce the rates of HIV/AIDS transmission among the population of Miami, Fl;
- Reduce new HIV/AIDS cases of hetero-, homo- and bisexual people and also people using drugs;
- Reduce the deaths caused by the HIV-infection;
- Increase the awareness of the population of Miami, Fl about the problem of HIV/AIDS and the ways of its protection and prevention;
- Increase the access to health care for people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Increase the HIV screening.
Food-associated illnesses in Miami, Fl 33177
The food-associated illnesses demand huge social and economic expenses, leading to the premature deaths and reducing the quality of life (such as strokes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, ischemic heart disease, cancer, illness of an oral cavity, anemia, craw, many gastro enteric diseases, cirrhosis, diabetes, cholelithic illness, adiposity, some illnesses of nervous system, etc.); their occurrence can be delayed or their current can be facilitated by means of eutrophy (Food Safety and Inspection Service 2010)
There is a huge amount of different food-associated disease organisms and infections in the USA as a whole and in Miami, Fl in particular. The most dangerous ones are caused by the bacteria of salmonella and listeria. Salmonella is one the most poisonous and widely spread bacteria in Miami, Fl. It is a serious illness for senior people, infants and people with chronic diseases. Listeria is especially harmful for pregnant women, because they are much more likely than other healthy people to get the infection. It can even result in premature delivery.
Action Plan in struggle against food-associated illnesses in Miami, Fl
- Control the food safety system (production, processing, packing, distribution/transportation, storage, preparation);
- Reduce infections caused by Listeria and Salmonella;
- Reduce the number of food-associated illnesses in Miami, Fl;
- Reduce allergic reactions to food at adults in Miami, Fl;
- Increase the awareness level of consumers about the key food safety practices;
- Improve food safety in retail chains, fast foods, etc.
Tuberculosis in Miami, FL33177
Tuberculosis is a communicable disease caused by the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, which includes Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium africanum, transferred primarily from humans and Mycobacterium bovis – from cattle. Tuberculosis is a mycobacterium disease, which starts as a pulmonary infection. Poverty, HIV and drug abuse are the major contributors to the spread of tuberculosis in Miami, Fl. (Lonnroth 2008).
The greatest gain in the cases of tuberculosis is geographically limited by the overpopulated Miami, Fl where HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis were most widespread. The problem of tuberculosis is aggravated by the import of a medicinal and resistant mycobacterium of tuberculosis together with immigrants.
Within the previous decade the quantity of the cases of tuberculosis, resistant to medicines, sharply increased in Miami, Fl. Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which was isolated from the patients with recurrence after earlier carried out treatment, is found 4.7 times more often than among the patients without previous treatment.
Action Plan in struggle against tuberculosis in Miami, Fl
- Conduct scientific researches, aimed at the development of new means of diagnostics, medicines and vaccines against tuberculosis in Miami, Fl;
- Implement new approaches in the access to the diagnostics of tuberculosis;
- Improve the integration of the anti-tuberculosis actions into the health-care system of Miami, Fl;
- Implement the new approaches in the support of people with tuberculosis by the community members;
- Find the innovative ways of the awareness increase about tuberculosis;
- Spread the opportunities of people with tuberculosis within the population of Miami, Fl.
- Implement the preventive actions accessible for all layers of population
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP), the Food and Drug Administration (2010). Food borne Illness Outbreaks. What is a food borne illness outbreak. Web.
Healthy People 2020. (2013). Healthy People 2020. Web.
Lonnroth, K., Raviglione, M. (2008). Global epidemiology of tuberculosis: prospects for control. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 29(5): 481-91.