- Lisa is a 40-year-old Caucasian female who has been diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. She leads an unhealthy lifestyle and suffers from obesity due to a number of poor choices. She is prescribed metformin to manage blood sugar.
- Although her diabetes is non-insulin dependent, she experiences spikes in blood sugar which leave her feeling unwell.
- She spends much time on her mobile phone since she has to be out of the office a lot for work duties.
- She is interested in managing her blood sugar to prevent symptoms such as fatigue, frequent urination or infections, and blurred vision (Mayo Clinic, n.d.).
- She fears that her lack of understanding of the condition will not allow her to make proper choices based on her blood sugar readings.
- Name: WellDoc’s BlueStar
- Purpose: Diabetes management which helps track blood sugar, provide educational material, offer lifestyle tips, and connect with medical experts for advice.
- Intended audience: It is meant for people who require management of diabetes
- Devices: The app works on both Apple and Android-based operating systems mobile devices
- Download: The app is downloaded from the iTunes or Google play store.
- The app is the first FDA approved prescription therapy. Therefore, it requires approval from a health care provider
- An external electronic device is issued which allows measuring blood sugar levels which sync with the app
- Data is collected and shared with experts. The app uses algorithms to analyze blood sugar levels, food consumption, medicine, and sleep cycles to provide recommendations
- If readings are abnormal or the patient feels lost, there is a button which would allow connection to a medical professional.
- The app has available information on diabetes and how each aspect of lifestyle impacts the symptoms and blood sugar levels (Caffrey, 2017).
- The patient will have a better understanding of the disease
- Stable and potentially improved blood sugar
- Healthier food intake and consistent diet
- Improved lifestyle habits
- Relieve of diabetes-related symptoms
ReferencesWe will write a custom WellDoc’s BlueStar Mobile Health Application Guide specifically for you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page 308 certified writers online Learn More
Mayo Clinic. (n.d.). Type 2 diabetes. Web.