- John is 34-year-old African American male. He has reported having problems with maintaining sleep and wakes up feeling tired.
- John says his partner has indicated a gradual increase in the longevity and volume of snoring during sleep.
- He is suffering from extra weight and minor asthma. However, the symptoms have him considered about the possibility of sleep apnea.
- Since there is no reliable data about his snoring, he wants to see if there is a way to control it.
- Before conducting costly sleep apnea treatments, he wants to see if lifestyle changes can help.
- Name: SnoreLab
- Purpose: Record and track snoring through sleep. Analyze patterns and discover solutions
- Intended audience: People suffering from excessive snoring or sleep apnea
- Devices: The app works on both Apple and Android-based operating systems mobile devices
- Download: The app is downloaded from the iTunes or Google play store (Henry, 2013).
- The interface is complicated and overwhelming to use. Not self-explanatory.
- Usability is excellent, thoroughly encompassing functions which it is meant to do.
- Including more educational material or links to it can be helpful
- Detailed graphs and charts provide significant amount of data
- A favorite thing is the app recording sound samples during various stages of sleep to compare
- Patient can track snoring consistency and volume
- Patient can analyze sleeping patterns
- App allows comparing whether a specific snoring solution (nose strips) has any effect
- Patient can introduce lifestyle changes and monitor quality of sleep over time without costly equipment
- Patient will have critical data which can be used to make personal health decisions
Henry, A. (2013). Snorelab tracks your snoring, helps you find out which sleep tips work. Web.