- John is 34-year-old African American male. He has reported having problems with maintaining sleep and wakes up feeling tired.
- John says his partner has indicated a gradual increase in the longevity and volume of snoring during sleep.
- He is suffering from extra weight and minor asthma. However, the symptoms have him considered about the possibility of sleep apnea.
- Since there is no reliable data about his snoring, he wants to see if there is a way to control it.
- Before conducting costly sleep apnea treatments, he wants to see if lifestyle changes can help.
- Name: SnoreLab
- Purpose: Record and track snoring through sleep. Analyze patterns and discover solutions
- Intended audience: People suffering from excessive snoring or sleep apnea
- Devices: The app works on both Apple and Android-based operating systems mobile devices
- Download: The app is downloaded from the iTunes or Google play store (Henry, 2013).
- The interface is complicated and overwhelming to use. Not self-explanatory.
- Usability is excellent, thoroughly encompassing functions which it is meant to do.
- Including more educational material or links to it can be helpful
- Detailed graphs and charts provide significant amount of data
- A favorite thing is the app recording sound samples during various stages of sleep to compare
- Patient can track snoring consistency and volume
- Patient can analyze sleeping patterns
- App allows comparing whether a specific snoring solution (nose strips) has any effect
- Patient can introduce lifestyle changes and monitor quality of sleep over time without costly equipment
- Patient will have critical data which can be used to make personal health decisions
Henry, A. (2013). Snorelab tracks your snoring, helps you find out which sleep tips work. Web.We will write a custom SnoreLab Mobile Health Application: Patient Guide specifically for you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page 308 certified writers online Learn More